An interface designer & web developer living in Victoria B.C. with more than ten years of experience. I make usable and beautiful web sites & applications adhering to web standards and provide usability & accessibility consulting. I have worked on a wide range of projects from static web sites to ecommerce platforms, applications and frameworks.
Skills & Experience
- Web & Application Interface Design
- Strong knowledge of web standards, accessibility & usability requirements, user experience & interaction, information architecture, responsive design & mobile and Apple Human Interface Guidelines. Mac & iOS application design experience.
- Front-end & Back-end Web Development
- Strong knowledge of W3C specifications, cross-browser compatibility, programming (applications, frameworks, content management etc.) and scripting.
- System & Network Administration
- Unix administration via CLI, diagnosing hardware & software faults, and virtualization.
Experience includes: FreeBSD, Linux, Lighttpd, Nginx, Apache, BIND, Postfix, OpenSSH, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Subversion, Git, ZFS etc.
- Project Management
- Time management, ability to work under deadline on multiple concurrent projects, dividing projects into milestones & deliverables, researching & documenting issues, policy, end-user & developer documentation, preparing payment schedules & contracts and management of contractors.
UI / UX Architect & Web Developer, BitPiston Studios Ltd.2011 – Present
Front & back-end web development, interface & interaction design, unix system & network administration, writing technical documents, and project management.
Lead Web Developer, 5381 Studios Ltd.2012 – 2013
Front & back-end web development, user interaction design, unix system & network administration, and training developers on our framework and APIs.
Technical Support Supervisor, 5381 Studios Ltd.2011 – 2012
Establishing in house technical support department for PC & Mac software, handling escelations, training staff, preparing reports, developing support procedures, and writing documentation.
Quality Assurance Analyst, 5381 Studios Ltd.2011
QA testing software for Windows & Mac, and reproducing & documenting issues.
Interface Designer & Web Developer, Freelance2003 – 2011
Interface design, web development, consulting, system & network administration, and managing FreeBSD-based virtualized web hosting services.
IT Technician, Tech Electrical Contracting Ltd.2010
Consulting, networking, and programming computerized electrical & SCADA systems.
Web Developer, Capital Region Good Food Society2011 – 2013
Web design & development, system administration, site updates and maintenance.
Computer Lab Assistant, Literacy Victoria2011 – 2012
Assisting and tutoring adult learners on computers and with technology.
Code Samples & Portfolio
Access to recent code, primarily Perl with XSLT, is available via the web and git:
A partial portfolio of design work is available via the web on my personal site:
Education & Training
SCADA Systems & Industrial Networks2010
Completed certification with the Petroleum Institute for Continuing Education.
Available by request.